Claim Tory Lanez Assaulted Singer August Alsina Being "Extensively Examined" By LA Prosecutors - Rolling Stone

Claim Tory Lanez Assaulted Singer August Alsina Being “Extensively Examined” By LA Prosecutors – Rolling Stone

Like Tory Lanez awaiting trial for a felony charge he allegedly shot – and injured – Megan Thee Stallion in the feet in an attack in Los Angeles two years ago, the rapper now faces charges of assaulting singer August Alsina in Chicago this weekend.

Alsina’s allegations, shared online with multiple photos showing the Louisiana crooner’s bloody lip and other injuries, are now being investigated out of state by the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, who is prosecuting the gun assault on Megan.

“We are aware of the allegations that the accused attacked artist August Alsina and are investigating these allegations. The allegations are serious and will be investigated thoroughly,” the prosecutor’s office said in a statement to rolling stone.

It was on Sunday that Alsina claimed in a series of Instagram graphic posts that Lanez, real name Daystar Peterson, attacked him during the “Fall Back In Love Comedy & Music Jam” show held at the Arie Crown Theater in Chicago on Saturday night.

Alsina, 30, described Peterson as a hyperactive ‘pixie’ who rushed him with eight ‘oversized’ bodyguards to ask him why the singer hadn’t ‘kicked’ him, i.e. him shaking hands. Alsina says he replied that he didn’t think the two were friends and that his doctor had advised him to avoid shaking hands amid continued concerns with Covid and Monkeypox. (Video by Alsina leaving Peterson hanged doing the rounds on social media.)

The singer shared more photos showing pink, fleshy wounds on the inside of his lip, near one elbow and on one knee. He claims he was the victim of a “sneak attack” by Peterson, who then allegedly ran “back into the building”.

Chicago police confirmed rolling stone that a 30-year-old man was allegedly “punched in the face” by another 30-year-old man around 11:30 p.m. Saturday, indicating a location that matches the theater.

“Detectives are investigating,” the department said, declining to name the victim. The ministry says offenders are only identified by name after they have been charged or an arrest warrant has been issued.

Peterson’s L.A. criminal attorney did not return immediately rolling stonerequest for comment.

The prosecutors handling Megan’s case, meanwhile, had no problem jumping into the fray. They previously asked the judge handling his felony assault case to revoke or increase the rapper’s bail amid allegations that he violated protective orders.

Peterson, 30, had his bond increased to $250,000 in September 2021 after a judge found he violated the restraining order barring him from coming within 100 yards of Megan or harass her in any way. Prosecutors said he attended the Rolling Loud Festival in Miami in July 2021 and “tried to rush the stage” while Megan performed. Dressed in costume, he also jumped onstage with DaBaby while Megan was still in the room and her song “Cry Baby” was playing, prosecutors said in their bail motion obtained by rolling stone.

Peterson’s bond was increased again in April, to $350,000, after a judge found the “SKAT” rapper violated protective orders barring him from harassing Megan or discussing the discovery of the business with third parties.

The start of Peterson’s criminal trial in Los Angeles was again delayed last week, with a judge setting a new return date for November 28. Prosecutors say they expect jury selection to begin Dec. 5.