The suspect in the murder of rapper Migos Takeoff asked a Texas court on Monday to reduce his bail from $2 million to $100,000.
Patrick Xavier Clark, 33, told the court through his attorney Carl Moore that he couldn’t pay the $2 million bond, TMZ reported after reviewing case documents, and believes that he can raise $100,000 in an effort with a surety.
Clark told the court he would live with his parents, abide by all court-ordered curfews and related rules, wear a GPS monitor, and abide by all “no-contact” orders, according to the outlet.
The latest: Migos Takeoff rapper murder suspect Patrick Xavier Clark, 33 (right), asked a Texas court on Monday to reduce his bail from $2 million to $100,000.
He also said he would return his passport in connection with the case, which centers on the rapper’s shooting death at the age of 28 outside a Houston bowling alley on November 1.
The outlet previously reported that Clark – who was asked by the court to award him $5,000 so he could hire a private investigator to help with his legal defense.
Clark – who was arrested on December 1 and charged with the rapper’s murder – told the court that his family had drained their savings hiring a lawyer to handle the case, and that he needed a private investigator who could “properly investigate”. [Clark’s] case and prepare effectively for trial.
According to authorities following Clark’s arrest, if the murder suspect proceeds on bail, he will face house arrest; prohibited from possessing firearms or deadly weapons; not allowed to use marijuana or any other controlled substance without a prescription; and banned from contacting people, including Takeoff survivors and boxer Shakur Stevenson, who was present at the time of the fatal shooting.
Clark was arrested on December 1 and charged with the rapper’s murder
Takeoff was taken in Atlanta last April at a birthday party for teammate Quavo
A celebration of life ceremony was held in Atlanta at the State Farm Arena last month to honor the late musical artist
NBC News reported that the court granted the request, ordering authorities from the Harris County Sheriff’s Office to speak with the suspect in custody and bring a laptop, printer and device to record video. audio.
Takeoff, real name Kirshnik Khari Ball, died of “gunshot wounds to the head and torso in the arm” following a private party held at 810 Billiards & Bowling, officials said. Shots were fired near the entrance to the establishment in the wake of an argument after a game of dice.
Houston Police Department Sgt. Michael Burrow said Takeoff was not involved in the game or the confrontation and “an innocent bystander” in the incident.
Houston Police Chief Troy Finner said the late musical artist was “definitely [in the] wrong place at the wrong time”, and that there is “no evidence to say anything different”.
Announcing Clark’s arrest earlier this month, Finner said a man named Cameron Joshua had also been arrested for illegally carrying a weapon.
Finner said of Joshua: “He was there at the scene and he was in possession of a weapon. He’s a criminal.
The next hearing in the case involving Clark is scheduled for Wednesday.