Colton Underwood said he doesn’t want a show revolving around him or his relationship right now.
The reality star, 30, told Us Weekly on Tuesday he won’t make a second season of the Netflix show Coming Out Colton at this point in his life.
‘I don’t wanna speak in definitives, but I will say right now in the time of my life and in my relationship having a show revolve around that is not a healthy decision to make for either of us,’ the star told the outlet .
A bit of privacy: Colton Underwood said he doesn’t want a show revolving around him or his relationship right now (pictured 2018)
He continued, ‘So, right now there’s not a season 2. Right now, we’re not exploring that for our relationships or for my work ventures.’
Underwood is currently in a relationship with political strategist Jordan C. Brown. The pair got engaged in January, shortly after Underwood’s 30th birthday.
Coming Out Colton followed the star in his personal life as he spent time with a number of LGBTQ+ stars including former NFL player Michael Sam and country radio host Cody Alan.
Colton — who was born in Indianapolis, Indiana, and went on to become a college football star at Illinois State University — revealed to Us Weekly in December that he opted to keep Jordan off of the series in order to focus on his own ‘self- discovery.’
‘I have been through that. I have done that,’ he said. ‘Even going into the show, that was one of the conversations with the production company. … I’m not in a space right now to really, like, put myself out there like that. I had a lot of self-discovery to do.
Focusing on their relationship: Underwood said he and his fiancé Jordan C. Brown (pictured November 2021) are not looking into doing a reality show
Following his journey: Coming Out Colton followed the star in his personal life as he spent time with a number of LGBTQ+ stars
‘Having a public relationship, for me, was not healthy,’ he added. ‘I just think right now I’m really sort of protecting and guarding what I have.’
Underwood is most famous for dating Cassie Randolph at the conclusion of his season of The Bachelor, only to come out as gay months after their acrimonious split.
Cassie initially opted to leave The Bachelor when it was down to the final three women after her father refused to give his blessing, though she admitted she had plenty of conflicting feelings of her own.
After pleading for her not to leave, Colton infamously jumped a fence on camera after shouting that he was ‘f**king done’ with the show.
Looking for love in the wrong places: Underwood is most famous for dating Cassie Randolph at the conclusion of his season of The Bachelor, only to come out as gay months after they split
Bitter ending: Cassie filed for a restraining order against Colton in September of 2020 (Pictured November 2019)
But he followed up the shocking move by sending the other two women home and trying for a second shot with Cassie, this time without the pressure of an engagement.
However, the honeymoon period didn’t last long and the two announced their split in May of 2020.
In July of that year, she urged her ex not to ‘monetize on their breakup by writing a new chapter’ of his book The First Time without giving her approval.
Things got even more tense between the exes in September, when Cassie filed for a restraining order against Colton.
In court documents, she accused him of planting a tracking device on her because so that he could follow her location, and she also claimed that he had been harassing her and members of her family via a new phone number.
Shocking claims: The Bachelor star allegedly made uninvited visits to Randolph’s Los Angeles apartment, as well as to her parents’ home in Huntington Beach, California (pictured 2020)
Not playing the blame game: Underwood later addressed the restraining order after Cassie withdrew her request and said he did ‘not believe Cassie did anything wrong in filing for the restraining orders’
Cassie also claimed in her filing that he had sent messages from the number to himself to disguise its origins.
The Bachelor star allegedly made uninvited visits to her Los Angeles apartment, as well as to her parents’ home in Huntington Beach, California, including one time that he was reportedly spotted outside their house at 2 am
He later addressed the restraining order after Cassie withdrew her request in November 2020.
‘Today Cassie asked the court to dismiss the temporary restraining order against me,’ he said. ‘The two of us were able to reach a private agreement to address any of Cassie’s concerns. I do not believe Cassie did anything wrong in filing for the restraining orders and also believe she acted in good faith. I appreciate everyone’s respect for privacy regarding this matter.’